Ways through the vineyards
What else can be seen and done:
- The hiking possibilities I have already mentioned. In the last years the Spitzer Graben also acquired a reputation as a high class mountain bike area.
- The Jauerling influences not just the winemakers of the Western Wachau. In winter time some slopes offer possibilities of skiing and snowboarding, in summer a beautiful path leads up to its summit. But people also have the possibility to drive up on its peak and enjoy the amazing view reaching until Melk and Göttweig.
- Passing through little villages a path leads until Mühldorf where the famous Castle of Oberranna, built in the 10th century, is worth a visit.
- In the neighbourhood of our vineyard are a lot of Heurigen (places where to drink wine and eat cold specialities from the region) of which always at least one is open.
- Wachauer Weinfrühling (spring wine-weekend), Marillenkirtag (apricot day), Fronleichnam (Corpus Christi) and Spitzer Graben festival are just a few among the many feast in the Wachau.
- Moreover we are located extremely well: Spitz (2km), the Danube (3km), Dürnstein (14km), Melk (20km), Krems (22km) and even Vienna (100 km) can be easily reached by car, bus or train.
[:de]»Dass in den Terrassen des Zornbergs, des Kalkofens oder der Biern überhaupt Weinbau betrieben werden kann, ist der jahrhundertealten Pflege der Trockensteinmauern zu verdanken. Sie halten gleichsam den Spitzer Graben zusammen, drücken ihm ihren Stempel auf, schaffen eine vielfache Lebensnische und einen langsam gewachsenen aber essentiellen Kulturraum… «
Weiterlesen[:en]»That it is even possible to grow vines in the steep vineyards of the Zornberg, the Kalkofen and the Biern is due to the centuries old technique of constructing stone-terraces. They literally hold together the Spitzer Graben and additionally create a multiple biosphere for animals and plants… «
Gut am Steg 2
Mobile: +43 (0) 676 / 7339363